|1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves (cilantro leaves)|
|2 tablespoons mint leaves|
|1 tablespoon groundnuts|
|1 green chili, chopped|
|1/2 inch ginger piece|
|1 teaspoon sugar (optional)|
|1/3 teaspoon salt|
|1 tablespoon lemon juice|
|2 tablespoons water|
- Take groundnuts, green chili, ginger, sugar and salt in a small jar of mixer grinder.
- Grind them in the mixer or food processor until smooth.
- Add coriander leaves, mint leaves, lemon juice and water and grind again until smooth puree.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl. Coriander chutney with mint is ready. Serve or use it as described in serving ideas below.
- Add coriander leaves and mint leaves only after grinding groundnuts, green chilli and ginger, otherwise chutney may not be ground well.
- Add 2 cloves of garlic along with other ingredients in step-1 for nice garlic flavor.
- This recipe uses only one chili to make it less hot. However, if your palate allows, increase its amount to make it more hot and spicy.