More Chutney Raita Recipes
|1/2 cup grated Fresh Coconut|
|1/4 inch Ginger|
|2 Garlic Cloves|
|2 Green Chillies, chopped|
|1/2 cup chopped Coriander Leaves|
|1 tablespoon Roasted Chana Dal (daliya) or Roasted Peanuts|
|1½ teaspoon Lemon Juice|
|4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) Water|
|1/4 teaspoon Mustard Seeds|
|4-5 Curry Leaves|
|2 teaspoons Oil|
- Take grated coconut, ginger, garlic, green chillies, roasted peanuts and salt in a small chutney jar of a food processor or grinder.
- Grind them together until medium coarse texture.
- Add coriander leaves, lemon juice and 4 tablespoons water.
- Grind again and make a smooth paste. Add more water if required to get the desired consistency and mix well. Transfer it to serving bowl.
- Heat oil in a small pan. Add mustard seeds, when they begin to crackle, add curry leaves and sauté for few seconds.
- Take pan off from stove/cook-top and immediately pour tempering over chutney and mix well. Green coconut coriander chutney is ready; serve it as an accompaniment.
- Use coriander leaves with stems for a nice texture and taste. However, make sure that stems are cleaned properly and do not have any dirt on them.
- This nariyal ki chutney tastes awesome even without tempering too.