This tangy green mango chutney is prepared by crushing and blending raw mangoes with coriander leaves and basic spices. The chutney prepared with this recipe has perfectly balanced tangy and spicy taste as chillies, garlic and ginger gives it a spicy touch while coriander leaves and cumin seeds bring their own nuances. The sugar, even though in small amount, really balances out the tangier spiciness and adds third sweet dimension to its taste.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4 servings
|1/2 medium size Raw Green Mango
|1/2 Green Chilli, seeded and chopped
|1/2 inch Ginger, chopped
|1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
|1 cup chopped Coriander Leaves
|2 teaspoons Sugar
|1/3 teaspoon or to taste Salt
|1 tablespoon Water
- Wash raw mango in running water. Peel and cut it into small chunks and discard its stone.
- Add mango pieces, green chilli, ginger, cumin seeds, sugar and salt in a grinder jar.
- Grind them until medium coarse paste.
- Add coriander leaves and 1 tablespoon water; grind to a smooth paste. Serve it as an accompaniment or condiment with snacks and Indian meals.
Tips and Variations:
- If you want to make diluted chutney, then add 1 tablespoon more water along with coriander leaves.
- Adjust the quantity of sugar, salt and green chillies according to tanginess of green raw mangoes you are using. You can altogether avoid sugar if you want to have just spicy-tangy chutney
- Mix green raw mango chutney with curd to make a tangy dip for samosa and dahi vada.
- Place it in airtight container and store in refrigerator for instant anytime use.
Taste: Perfectly balanced sour, sweet and spicy