Green Chutney Recipe (with Step by Step Photos)
Green Chutney (Hari Chutney, Dhaniya Chutney) is a yummy, mouth-watering, spicy chutney. This recipe uses coriander leaves, green chillies and groundnuts as base ingredients while garlic, ginger, sesame seeds and fresh coconut are used to give it a delightfully spicy taste and flavor profile. Just a dash of this stunning chutney in any Indian chat preparation will give a new dimension to its taste.
More Chutney Raita Recipes
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Serves: 4 servings (1/3 cup)
|1 cup finely chopped coriander leaves|
|1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds|
|1 teaspoon groundnuts|
|1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds (til)|
|2 teaspoons shredded fresh coconut|
|3 garlic cloves|
|1 green chilli, seeded and chopped|
|1/4 inch ginger, roughly chopped|
|1 teaspoon sugar|
|1 teaspoon lemon juice|
|1½ tablespoons water|
- Add cumin seeds, groundnuts, sesame seeds and coconut in a small chutney jar of mixer-grinder.
- Grind them in a grinder until smooth powdery paste.
- Add coriander leaves, garlic, green chilli, ginger, sugar, salt, lemon juice and 1½ tablespoons water.
- Grind again and make a smooth paste. Taste for salt and lemon juice, add more if required and mix well.
- Transfer it to serving bowl. Serve it as a condiment with snacks like rava dhokla, etc.
Tips and Variations:
- Add some water to make it diluted and use it for making bhel puri or sev puri.
- Mix 2 tablespoons yogurt to make instant green yogurt dip.
Taste: Spicy and mild tangy
Serving Ideas: Indian green chutney is a must have condiment for gathiya, chevdo, sandwich, daal-bati, bhel, etc. and can be used as a dip or spread and tastes great with just anything. Semi dry hari chutney is typically used as spicy spread for sandwiches.