More Chutney Raita Recipes
|8 Garlic Cloves|
|1/2 cup grated Dry Coconut|
|1 tablespoon Sesame Seeds|
|1 tablespoon Roasted Peanuts (groundnuts)|
|2 teaspoons Red Chilli Powder|
|1 teaspoon Coriander Powder|
|1/2 teaspoon Tamarind Paste|
|1 teaspoon Oil|
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in skillet or pan and roast garlic cloves over low flame for 1 minute. Turn off flame and transfer it to a plate
- Dry roast grated coconut in same skillet over low flame until light brown. Turn off flame and transfer it to a plate.
- Dry roast sesame seeds over low flame until seeds start to pop (approx. 30 seconds) and transfer to plate.
- Let roasted garlic, roasted coconut and sesame seeds cool for 5 minutes. Add roasted peanuts, tamarind paste, red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt in grinder jar or food processor jar.
- Grind them until medium coarse powder. Taste for salt and add more if required.
- Chutney is ready. Transfer in an airtight container. You can store it for up to 15 days in refrigerator. Use it as a spread for preparing vada pav or dosa.
- Use 4 dry red chillies instead of red chilli powder for better taste and texture.
- While roasting coconut make sure that it doesn’t burn and turn dark brown.