|2 medium Tomatoes|
|1 cup Curd (Yogurt/ Dahi)|
|2 tablespoons finely chopped Coriander Leaves|
|1 Green Chilli, deseed, finely chopped|
|1/2 teaspoon Cumin Powder (Jeera Powder or Cumin-Coriander Powder)|
|1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder (optional)|
- Take curd in a bowl and beat until smooth.
- Cut ripe tomatoes into halves and remove seeds. Dice them into small pieces.
- Add chopped tomatoes, chopped green chilli, chopped coriander leaves, cumin powder and salt.
- Mix well and taste for salt. If required, add more salt.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl and garnish by sprinkling black pepper powder over it.
- Take red ripe tomatoes or those which are less sour in taste to make it.
- Add 1/2 chopped onion and/or 1/3 cup chopped cucumber for variation.
- Garnish with mustard seeds and asafoetida tempering instead of black pepper powder for variation in taste.