More Snacks Recipes
|1 cup Dried Green Peas/ Dried White Peas|
|2 medium Onions, chopped|
|6 Garlic cloves, minced|
|1 teaspoon crushed Green Chili-Ginger|
|2 small Potatoes, boiled and chopped into small pieces|
|2 medium Tomatoes, finely chopped|
|1 teaspoon Garam Masala|
|2 teaspoons Red Chili Powder|
|1 teaspoon Coriander Powder|
|1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder|
|2 teaspoons Lemon Juice|
|2 teaspoons Jaggery (gur) or Sugar|
|5-6 Curry Leaves|
|1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds|
|1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)|
|1/4 teaspoon Mustard Seeds|
|Salt to taste|
|1½ tablespoons Oil|
|1 medium Onion, finely chopped|
|1 tablespoon Coriander Leaves|
|1/2 cup Sev|
- Wash and soak dried peas overnight or for 8 hours in water.
- Drain water from peas and cook in pressure cooker with 3 cups fresh water and salt for 4 whistles over medium flame or until peas turn soft. Do not drain water from cooked peas; use them with water when required in next steps.
- Heat oil in a pan or kadai over medium flame. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds; when mustard seeds begin to sizzle, add asafoetida and curry leaves and sauté for approx 10 seconds. Add chopped onion and sauté until light brown. Add minced garlic and crushed green chili–ginger and sauté for a minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook for approx 3 minutes. Add garam masala, red chili powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add cooked peas (along with water in which they are pressure cooked) and mix well. Add lemon juice and jaggery and mix well.
- Mash few peas with a back of spoon to make it thick. Add 1½ cups water and mix well.
- Add chopped potatoes (boiled), salt and mix well.
- Cook it over low flame for 8-10 minutes or until it turns thick. Takeaway kadai from flame or heat source.
- Transfer it to individual serving plates. Garnish each plate with chopped coriander leaves, sev and chopped onion and serve immediately as a ragda chaat.
- It can be used to prepare ragda patties, sev usal, ragada puri, ragda samosa, ragda cutlet.