|2 cups cooked Basmati Rice (long grained rice)|
|1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds|
|1 medium size Onion, finely chopped|
|1/2 tablespoon Ginger-Garlic paste|
|1 Green Chilli, finely chopped|
|1/3 cup Carrot, finely chopped|
|1 large Tomato, finely chopped|
|1/3 cup Green Peas (fresh or frozen)|
|1/2 tablespoons Pav bhaji Masala|
|1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder|
|1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder|
|2 tablespoons finely chopped Coriander Leaves|
|1½ tablespoons Oil|
|Sliced onion and Lemon Slices (for garnishing)|
- Boil chopped carrot and green peas in salted water until tender, approx. 5-7 minutes. Drain the water and transfer them to a plate.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan or kadai over medium flame. Add cumin seeds and allow them to crackle. Add finely chopped onion and sauté until onion turns light brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and green chilli; sauté for 25-30 seconds.
- Add chopped tomato and cook until it turns soft or until oil starts to separate, approx 2-minutes.
- Add boiled green peas and carrot; mix and cook for a minute.
- Add pav bhaji masala, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt.
- Stir and cook for a minute.
- Add cooked (steamed) rice.
- Mix gently until all ingredients are well mixed and each rice grain is evenly coated with masala.
- Turn off flame and transfer tawa pulao to serving dish. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with curd.
- Add vegetables like boiled potato and capsicum for variation.
- You can easily find ready made pav bhaji masala in any Indian grocery store.
- If your cooked rice is salted then adjust salt according to it in step-6.