Apple Raita Recipe (with Step by Step Photos)
Apple Raita is yummy and creamy dish prepared by mixing apple pieces with yogurt (curd) and spices. Lightly spiced apple and yogurt dip is a perfect accompaniment for vegetable biryani and main course food items and a fruity alternative to routine boondi raita. That’s not all, it can be served as dessert too.
More Chutney Raita Recipes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 6 Servings
|1 cup chopped Apple|
|1½ cups Thick Curd (Yogurt)|
|1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder|
|1/2 teaspoon Cumin Powder|
|1 teaspoon Sugar (optional)|
- Take yogurt (curd) in a bowl. Add sugar and cumin powder, beat until smooth.
- Add chopped fresh apple and salt. If you do not like skin of apple then peel it before chopping.
- Mix well. Apple raita is ready.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl, sprinkle black pepper powder over it and serve chilled.
Tips and Variations:
- Do not beat curd using electric blender otherwise raita consistency will be thin.
- Use thick and chilled yogurt is recommended.
- If you are preparing it in advance, then do not add salt along with apple pieces, just add and mix it just before serving.
- For variation, you can add chopped banana to make apple banana raita.
- Using unpeeled apple is optional. If you are health conscious, then do not peel it because apple skin is rich in nutrition.
- Use apple of your choice like green apple, red apple etc. that makes your taste buds happy.
Taste: Mild sour and mild sweet
Serving Ideas: It can be served as an accompaniment with stuffed bhindi, chapati and steamed rice or with paneer rice in lunch. It is simply delicious as dessert too.