Apple Raita is yummy and creamy dish prepared by mixing apple pieces with yogurt (curd) and spices. Lightly spiced apple and yogurt dip is a perfect accompaniment for vegetable biryani and main course food items and a fruity alternative to routine boondi raita. That’s not all, it can be served as dessert too.
|1 cup chopped Apple|
|1½ cups Thick Curd (Yogurt)|
|1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder|
|1/2 teaspoon Cumin Powder|
|1 teaspoon Sugar (optional)|
- Take yogurt (curd) in a bowl. Add sugar and cumin powder, beat until smooth.
- Add chopped fresh apple and salt. If you do not like skin of apple then peel it before chopping.
- Mix well. Apple raita is ready.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl, sprinkle black pepper powder over it and serve chilled.
Tips and Variations:
- Do not beat curd using electric blender otherwise raita consistency will be thin.
- Use thick and chilled yogurt is recommended.
- If you are preparing it in advance, then do not add salt along with apple pieces, just add and mix it just before serving.
- For variation, you can add chopped banana to make apple banana raita.
- Using unpeeled apple is optional. If you are health conscious, then do not peel it because apple skin is rich in nutrition.
- Use apple of your choice like green apple, red apple etc. that makes your taste buds happy.
Taste: Mild sour and mild sweet
Serving Ideas: It can be served as an accompaniment with stuffed bhindi, chapati and steamed rice or with paneer rice in lunch. It is simply delicious as dessert too.