Sev Puri Recipe (with Step by Step Photos)
Sev puri is one of the popular Indian chaat. The combination of papdi (crispy flat puri), sev (deep fried gram flour noodles), boiled potatoes (batata), moong (green beans), onion and assortment of chutneys like green chutney and tangy date tamarind chutney make it simply irresistible. Learn how to make it at home by following this easy chaat recipe with step by step photos.
More Snacks Recipes
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 2 servings
|16 Flat Chaat Puri (Papdi)|
|2/3 cup boiled and chopped Potatoes|
|1/4 cup boiled Moong (green beans), optional|
|1/2 cup finely chopped Tomato|
|1/2 cup finely chopped Onion|
|6 tablespoons Khajur Imli ki Chutney|
|4 tablespoons Green Chutney|
|1/2 teaspoon or to taste Chaat Masala Powder|
|1/2 cup Nylon Sev|
|1 tablespoon Chopped Coriander Leaves|
- Prepare green chutney and khajur imli ki chutney according to their recipes in advance. Boil the potatoes and green moong beans in salted water. Keep all required ingredients ready before assembling the chaat.
- Take two serving plates and arrange 8-papdi puris on each plate.
- Place 1/2 tablespoon chopped potato and approx. 1-teaspoon moong over each papdi.
- Place 1/2 tablespoon onion and 1/2 tablespoon tomato over each papdi.
- Top each one with 1-teaspoon khajur imli chutney.
- Top each papdi with 3/4 teaspoon green chutney.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup sev and chaat masala powder to taste over each serving plate.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Sev puri chaat is ready for serving. Serve it immediately to get the crispy taste of puri and sev with chutneys. Assemble it at the time of serving because it will turn soggy within few minutes.
Tips and Variations:
- For variation, add boiled chana (black gram) in place of boiled moong.
- Add curd and garlic chutney to make it more spicy.
- Add finely chopped green raw green mango for delicious tongue tickling tang.
- Adjust the quantity of chutneys to your taste.
Taste: Crispy, sweet, sour and mild spicy
Serving Ideas: Serve this sev batata puri by itself as an afternoon snack. You can also serve this in kid’s birthday party. Prepare all ingredients in advance and then keep them in individual bowls. At the time of serving, assemble it and serve.