More Snacks Recipes
|14 Papadis (flat puri/chaat puri)|
|2/3 cup(1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons) boiled Chickpeas|
|2/3 cup (1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons) boiled and chopped Potato (approx. 1 large)|
|1/2 cup boiled Moong Beans, optional|
|1/2 cup chopped Onion (approx. 1 medium)|
|1/2 cup Curd, lightly beaten|
|5 tablespoons (1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon) Date Tamarind Chutney (khajur imli ki chutney)|
|5 tablespoons (1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon) Green Coriander Chutney|
|1/2 cup Sev|
- Prepare all the ingredients and arrange them before starting the assembling process. Take two deep serving plates and arrange 7-papadis in each of them. You can either keep papdis whole or lightly break them into small pieces.
- Mix 2-tablespoons green chutney with chickpeas.
- Top each plate with 1/3 cup potatoes and 1/4 cup onion.
- Top each plate with 1/3 cup chickpeas.
- Top each plate with 1/4 cup moong beans.
- Drizzle 1/4 cup curd over each plate.
- Drizzle 2½ tablespoons date tamarind chutney over each plate.
- Lightly sprinkle 1/4 cup sev over each plate.
- Top each plate with 1½ tablespoons green chutney. Papri Chaat is ready for serving. Enjoy it immediately.
- Increase or decrease the amount of all chutneys and sev according to your preference.
- Add chopped tomato and boiled sweet corn before topping with curd for variation.
- To make it more spicy, add garlic chutney.
- You can also prepare this chaat without adding chickpeas and green moong beans.
- Papadi is easily available in grocery stores in India, you can either use ready-made ones or make it at home.
- To serve this snack in a party, prepare all chutneys and curd in advance, and store them in refrigerator. Prepare all the ingredients and keep them in separate serving bowl. Assemble plates only at the time of serving to prevent it from turning soggy.