Aloo Tikki Burger Recipe (with Step by Step Photos)
It is a delicious combination of Indian aloo tikki and a soft bun. This is a derived snack food that combines Indian tradition with new western fast food craze. This Indian veggie burger with potato patties recipe uses soft bun, which is shallow fried in a butter and homemade aloo tikkis for complete burger experience preferred by Indian palate.
More Snacks Recipes
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Serves: 2 servings
|2 Aloo Tikkis|
|2 Burger Buns|
|1 tablespoon Butter|
|1-2 tablespoons Tomato Ketchup|
|2 Lettuce leaves|
|2-3 tablespoons Mayonnaise|
|1 large Tomato, cut into round slices|
|1 medium Onion, cut into round slices|
|2 Cheese Slices|
- Cut bun horizontally into two halves. Heat butter in a flat pan and shallow-fry bun halves until light brown.
- Prepare the tikkis by following the aloo tikki recipe.
- Take bottom base of bun and spread tomato ketchup over it.
- Place lettuce leaf followed by aloo tikki.
- Spread 1-tablespoon mayonnaise over it.
- Place 1-2 tomato slices and 3-4 onion slices in given order.
- Finally place cheese slice over it.
- Cover it with top base of the bun.
- Aloo tikki burger is ready for serving. Serve it with ketchup and soft drink.
Tips and Variations:
- Add sliced cucumber and flavored mayonnaise for variation.
- You can also buy frozen potato patties from grocery stores, fry or shallow fry them as per the instructions and follow the directions given above to make stomach filling burger in no time.
- Use whole wheat or multi grain bread bun to make it healthier.
Taste: It is outright delicious in every bite. The use of veggies like tomato, onion and lettuce adds subtle taste, flavor and crispness.
Serving Ideas: Serve it as a snack or as light evening dinner. It tastes even better when accompanied by fresh veggie salad or French fries and Coke or Pepsi.