Pineapple Raita, a perfect blend of fresh ripe pineapple and creamy yogurt, is an instant and yummy Indian dip. Pineapple is one of the nature’s greatest gift to us and this raita is one of the many ways to enjoy this gift. It is a perfect sweet and sour accompaniment for meals or good as a dessert on its own.
|1/2 cup chopped Fresh Pineapple (Ananas)|
|1 cup Thick Curd (Yogurt), chilled|
|1/4 teaspoon Cumin Powder (Jeera Powder)|
|1 teaspoon Sugar (optional)|
|1 tablespoon finely chopped Coriander Leaves|
|1/4 teaspoon finely chopped Green Chill (optional)|
|2 teaspoons Pomegranate Seeds (optional)|
- Take curd in a bowl. Add cumin powder, sugar and salt, beat until smooth.
- Add chopped green chilli and chopped fresh pineapple pieces, mix well.
- Transfer it to individual serving bowls and garnish with chopped coriander leaves and pomegranate seeds; serve.
Tips and Variations:
- Avoid sugar if you do not like sweet taste.
- You can use the canned pineapple. However, use less amount of sugar as pineapple pieces are already dipped in sugar syrup.
Taste: Mild sweet and sour
Serving Ideas: It can be served as an accompaniment with your favorite meal. Serve it with any spicy rice dish like biryani or vegetable pulao or as a dessert.