Boondi raita is one of the tastiest raita anyone can prepare in minutes and pair up with biryani, aloo paratha, and many other rice recipes for delicious dinner. This recipe uses beaten curd and boondi as base ingredients and makes it more taste buds friendly with the right amount of salt, red chilli powder and cumin powder. No, this recipe does not cover how to make boondi but you can prepare it at home by following easy bundi recipe.
More Chutney Raita Recipes
|1 cup Curd (yogurt)|
|1/2 cup Boondi (bundi)|
|1/2 teaspoon Cumin Powder (jeera powder)|
|1/4 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder (lal mirch powder)|
|1 tablespoon finely chopped Coriander Leaves|
- Lightly beat curd using spoon or wire whisk until smooth. Do not beat it using an electric blender as blending it at high speed (compared with manual speed) will make it thin and watery.
- Add boondi, 1/8 teaspoon red chilli powder, 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder and salt to taste.
- Mix them properly.
- Transfer it to serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves. Sprinkle remaining 1/8 teaspoon red chilli powder and 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder over it to give a tempting look.
Tips and Variations:
- If you like soft boondi in bundi raita, add boondi in raita 15-20 minutes before serving, otherwise add it just before the serving to keep it crispy.
- Make sure curd is not sour and use greek yogurt or thick curd for nice thick, creamy texture.
Serving Ideas: Serve it as an accompaniment with meal in lunch or dinner. It enhances taste and palatability of vegetable pulao.