|3 medium size Onions|
|Blender or Mixer|
- Peel all onions. Make two 1-inch deep cuts perpendicular to each other with knife (as shown in the photo).
- Take deep vessel, add 2-cups water in it and bring it to rolling boil over medium flame. Carefully drop onions in it. Onions should be completely submerged in water, if required, add more water.
- Boil them for approx. 4-5 minutes over medium flame.
- Turn off the flame, drain hot water and add 2 cups cold water and allow onions to cool for 2-3 minutes. This process is required to prevent over cooking of onion. The color of onion will slightly change after boiling. When it cools, drain water and transfer to a plate.
- Remove the stem and cut into quarters. Transfer it to a small jar of mixer grinder or blender.
- Blend until smooth puree.
- Onion Puree is ready. Use it as required for making Indian style vegetable gravy or curry.
- You can use any type of onion (red or white) to make its puree.