More Desserts Sweets Recipes
|1 cup Gram Flour (besan/chickpea flour)|
|1/4 cup Ghee (clarified butter)|
|1/2 cup Powdered Sugar|
|5-7 Saffron Strands, optional|
|1/4 teaspoon Cardamom Powder (green elaichi powder)|
|1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg Powder (jaiphal powder), optional|
|1 tablespoon Sliced Almonds, for garnishing|
|1 tablespoon Sliced Pistachio, for garnishing|
- Sieve gram flour in a large bowl or a plate and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a kadai or heavy based pan over low flame.
- When ghee starts to melt, add sieved gram flour.
- Mix well using a spatula.
- Roast it over low flame until it turns golden brown, stirring continuously. When it is roasted properly, you will get the nice aroma from it. It would take approx 7-10 minutes, however, time may vary depending on the thickness of pan or kadai you are using.
- Turn off the heat, add saffron strands, nutmeg powder and cardamom powder. Mix thoroughly.
- Transfer to a large plate and let it cool for approx. 8-10 minutes. When the mixture is slightly warm, proceed to next step.
- Add powdered sugar and mix.
- Mix until sugar is properly blended with roasted flour and mixture turns smooth.
- Divide it into 8 small equal portions and give them a shape of laddu.
- Garnish besan laddus with almond slice and pistachios and let them cool at room temperature. Serve with snacks or store them in an airtight container.
- Add 1/2 cup coarsely ground besan flour and 1/2 cup smooth gram flour instead of 1 cup smooth flour to get the crispy texture of laddus.