Aloo palak, an Indian classic sabzi is very easy to prepare and delightful to taste buds. In this recipe, pan-fried palak and onion are first pureed in blender and then boiled potato is cooked in it. Indulge in best Indian curry ever with this recipe of aloo palak gravy.
More Curry Recipes
|2 cups chopped Palak|
|2 medium Potato, boiled|
|4 cloves Garlic, minced|
|1 Green Chilli, finely chopped|
|1/2 teaspoon grated Ginger|
|1 large Onion, chopped|
|1 teaspoon Cumin-Coriander Powder (dhania-jeera powder)|
|1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder|
|1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder|
|1/2 teaspoon Kasuri Methi, optional|
|2 tablespoons Cooking Oil|
|1/2 cup Water|
- Clean and wash palak. Peel and chop boiled potato (aloo) into small cubes. Add salt while boiling the potatoes for evenly salty taste.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in pan. Add garlic, ginger and green chilli and sauté for 30 seconds on low flame.
- Add half of chopped onion and sauté until it turns translucent.
- Add chopped palak and mix well.
- Cook for approx. 3 minutes over medium flame while stirring in between every few seconds. Turn off the flame and let it cool. Grind sautéed onion-spinach in a blender and make a smooth puree.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same pan. Add remaining chopped onion and sauté until light brown.
- Add garam masala powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and coriander powder and mix well.
- Add prepared palak puree and cook on low heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chopped potatoes and salt, mix thoroughly.
- Add 1/2 cup water and kasuri methi; bring it to boil over medium flame.
- Cook until you get the desired consistency of gravy for approx. 3-4 minutes. Turn off the heat and transfer aloo palak to a serving bowl.
- Serve hot with lachha paratha or paneer kulcha or any other Indian bread of your choice.
Tips and Variations:
- Add salt while boiling the potatoes to enhance the flavor.
- Add lemon juice or tomato to give a mild tangy touch to aloo palak sabzi.
- Indian cooking involves lots of mixes and matches. You can replace potato with fried paneer or tofu cubes to make delicious curry with paneer.
Serving Ideas: Prepare palak aloo in advance to allow its flavors to come out and mingle with each other. Serve it with steamed rice, tandoori roti or paratha in party.