More Dessert Recipes
|1/2 cup Sabudana (tapioca or pearl sago)|
|4 cups (1 liter) Milk|
|4 tablespoons Sugar|
|1/4 teaspoon Cardamom Powder (Elaichi)|
|4-5 Saffron strands(kesar), dissolved in 1 tablespoon Milk|
|2 tablespoons sliced Almonds (optional)|
|1/2 cup Water|
- Wash sabudana in water and drain them.
- Soak them in 1/2 cup water for 2 hours. They will absorb almost all water and their size will increase. If you want to use large size sabudana, then soak them in 1 cup water for at least 5 hours before cooking.
- Heat the milk in a heavy bottomed pan over medium flame.
- When milk comes to boil, add soaked sabudana.
- Add sugar and stir well until it dissolves completely.
- Cook them until they turn transparent and soft or for around 10-15 minutes. Make sure to stir continuously.
- Reduce heat to low and add cardamom powder and dissolved saffron.
- Stir continuously and cook until milk turns thick. It will take approx 5-7 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and transfer prepared sabudana kheer to a serving bowl. Garnish it with sliced almonds and serve warm or chilled.
- When kheer cools down it will become thick as sabudana will absorb almost all milk. If you want to serve it chilled, then add 1/2 cup milk and mix well before serving.