It is very moist and fluffy cake made with finely chopped dates and drenched in ooey gooey toffee sauce. It is an incredible dessert to enjoy in any season but warm sticky toffee pudding soaked in gooey toffee sauce is a preferred dessert in winter. It is generally served with either vanilla custard or vanilla ice-cream. Learn to prepare this heavenly dessert with this easy recipe.
More Pudding Recipes
|3/4 cup pitted and chopped Dried Dates|
|1 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda (Baking Soda)|
|1 cup Water|
|1/4 cup Unsalted Butter|
|3/4 cup White Sugar|
|2 Eggs, lightly beaten|
|1¼ cups Self-rising flour|
|1 teaspoon Baking Powder|
|1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract|
|1/2 cup Brown Sugar|
|1/3 cup Butter|
|1/2 cup Heavy Cream|
|1 cup Whipped Cream|
|2 tablespoons Molasses|
How to make Sticky Toffee Pudding:
- Take dates and baking soda in a small bowl. Boil 1 cup water in a saucepan and pour it over dates and keep aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat white sugar and butter in another bowl until light and fluffy. When sugar is dissolved completely, add eggs and beat again thoroughly.
- Gradually add flour and baking powder and beat until well blended. Add date mixture (including water) and fold using rubber spatula until well combined and consistent in texture.
- Grease 8-inch square ovenproof baking dish and pour batter in it.
- Place it in the oven and bake at 350 degrees F until it is set and cooked through for 35-40 minutes. When it is cooked, you will notice increased size of it.
- Take out baking dish from the oven and let it cool.
- Slice prepared pudding into desired size pieces.
- Combine brown sugar, butter, molasses and 1/2 cup heavy cream in medium size saucepan and cook over medium heat. When mixture starts to boil, reduce heat to low and stir constantly for around 5 minutes until it becomes thick.
- Remove saucepan from heat and let it cool for a minute.
- Spread prepared sauce evenly over slightly warm pudding; top it with a whipped cream and serve.
Tips and Variations:
- To check whether pudding is ready or not, insert a toothpick in the center and take it out. If it comes out clean, then it is ready.
- If you want to have every part of spongy pudding cake to be drenched in delicious sauce, prepare it in advance and let it soak in sauce for few hours.
Taste: Sweet like a heaven. The soft, spongy toffee cake is simply a must have experience for all food lovers.
Serving Ideas: Serve it as a dessert, either warm or cold. The scoop of vanilla ice cream makes warm pudding taste like elixir from heaven, always ready to pamper your taste buds.