Coconut Shake, an absolute tropical delight to taste buds, is prepared by blending toasted coconut, milk and ice cream and sweetened with sugar to taste. Weather you drink it as breakfast drink or have it as an evening beverage; you are surely going to have a blast.
|1/2 cup unsweetened Dry Coconut Flakes|
|1/2 cup Milk or Coconut Milk|
|3/4 cup Vanilla Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt|
|1 teaspoon Sugar, optional|
- Heat the dry coconut flakes in a pan over medium heat.
- Stir constantly and roast until it turns light brown. Remove the pan from the heat and transfer toasted coconut flakes in a plate to cool down.
- You can use either normal milk or unsweetened coconut milk in this recipe. You can also use vanilla frozen yogurt instead of vanilla ice cream.
- Add toasted coconut flakes in a blender jar.
- Add milk, vanilla ice cream and sugar.
- Blend until mixture becomes smooth. Thick coconut shake with coconut flakes and ice cream is ready. Transfer to a serving glass and garnish with toasted coconut flakes.
Tips and Variations:
- Add more ice-cream to make thick shake.
Taste: Sweet and creamy
Serving Ideas: This shake can be served as a breakfast drink. It can also be served as a dessert when topped up with scoop of ice cream and nuts.