Creamy and incredibly delicious Date Shake (khajoor milkshake) is not just healthy but easy to prepare as well. Date milkshake, when topped up with chocolate or vanilla ice cream and assorted roasted nuts, simply tastes out of the world. Based on tips and variations given below, whether you are going to make thick and nutty shake or just plain shake with only milk, it’s surely going to delight your palate.
|1/3 cup seeded and chopped Dates (khajoor)
|1½ cups Milk
|1 Banana (or 1/2 cup Vanilla Ice-Cream)
|A pinch of Cardamom Powder, optional
- Chop date into small pieces. Peel and cut banana into thick slices.
- Add dates in a blender jar.
- Add sliced banana.
- Pour milk over it and add a pinch of cardamom powder.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Check the consistency of the shake, if it’s too thick or too thin to your liking, then dilute it by adding some more milk or thicken it by adding banana (or ice cream) respectively; blend again. Pour prepared date shake into chilled serving glasses and serve.
Tips and Variations:
- If dates are too hard, then soak them in lukewarm milk for 30 minutes before blending.
- No need to add sugar in this recipe, however if you like more sweet taste then add honey or sugar as per your taste preference.
- Add almond powder or cashew nuts powder to make nutty milkshake for kids.
- For variation, garnish it with vanilla ice-cream and toasted almonds.
Taste: Sweet and smooth
Serving Ideas: This healthy and stomach filling beverage is perfect choice as a breakfast drink. It can also be served as a dessert.