|1 large Apple, cored and chopped
|5 Carrots, peeled and chopped
|1/2 inch long piece of Ginger, peeled and chopped
|1/2 Lemon or Lime
|3/4 cup Water
- Wash carrots and apple in running water and dry them.
- Cut apple into medium pieces and remove the core. Peel the carrot and dice into medium pieces. If you are using organic carrot, no need to peel them.
- Pour 3/4 cup water in a blender jar or a food processor jar or a mixer grinder jar. Water is needed to puree all solid ingredients.
- Add apple pieces.
- Add carrot pieces and ginger.
- Blend until smooth puree in the blender.
- Line a cheesecloth or a large fine mesh over an empty large bowl and pour prepared puree over it.
- Gather all sides of cheesecloth towards upward and squeeze to get the maximum juice out of the pulp.
- Discard the fibrous pulp (as shown in the photo).
- Squeeze the lemon over collected juice and stir with a spoon. Fill up serving glasses and enjoy.
- Process apple pieces and carrots alternatively through a juicer. Process a piece of ginger through it and collect the juice in a container.
- Squeeze out the lemon juice over collected juice.
- Fill up serving glasses and enjoy.
- As time passes, juice will start loosing its nutritional values due to oxidation. Hence, drink it immediately after preparation to get all of its benefits.
- Juice 2 stalks of celery along with other ingredients and get additional benefits of it.
- Add a spoonful of honey to make sweet but sugar free apple carrot juice with ginger and lemon.