Chinese Mango Pudding, an incredible mango dessert prepared with mango puree, coconut milk and gelatin, is absolutely fabulous in looks, taste and texture. This inviting fruit dessert is suitable for almost all occasions and all seasons. Follow this easy pudding recipe and delight your taste buds with delicious Chinese mango dim sum.
More Pudding Recipes
|3 cups Fresh Mango Puree|
|2 tablespoons Gelatin (unflavored)|
|1/2 cup Sugar|
|1 cup Coconut Milk|
|1 cup Hot Water|
|1/2 Fresh mango, diced into 1 inch cubes|
- Take hot water in a bowl and sprinkle gelatin over it. Stir constantly to mix well.
- Add sugar and stir until it dissolves completely.
- Combine mango puree and coconut milk in food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add gelatin and blend again until mixed evenly.
- Pour it in desserts bowls and place them in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Garnish with fresh mango cubes and serve.
Tips and Variations:
- If fresh mango puree is not available, then use frozen mango chunks to make a puree. Defrost them before making a puree.
- Having a properly made mango puree is a key to this recipe. If wrongly made puree is used, pudding will not set.
- Use evaporated milk as a substitute for coconut milk.
Taste: It has smooth and silky texture and fabulous mango coconut flavor.
Serving Ideas: Serve it as a dessert or as a dim sum (bite sized snack) dessert.