Rice kheer, an Indian style pudding, is popular dessert cum sweet prepared in many households throughout India. It is known by various names in different regions of India each having minor different regional preparation style. This quick and easy recipe uses sweetened condensed milk to get the desired thickness and sweetness with minimal cooking time. Learn how to make rice kheer with condensed milk with this simple recipe.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 servings
|1¼ cup Cooked Rice
|2 cups Full Fat Milk
|2 tablespoons Sugar (or to taste)
|1/3 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
|1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg Powder (jaifal), optional
|1 teaspoon + 2 teaspoons Ghee (clarified butter)
|1/2 tablespoon chopped Cashew nuts
|1/2 tablespoon chopped Almonds
- Heat 1 teaspoon ghee in a heavy bottomed pan or non-stick pan and roast cashew nuts and almonds until light brown for a minute. Transfer them to a plate.
- Place milk, condensed milk, sugar and cooked rice in the same pan.
- Stir continuously and cook until milk is absorbed and mixture becomes medium thick. It will take approx 12-15 minutes on low flame. Mixture will become very thick when it cools, so keep medium thick consistency.
- Add nutmeg powder and 2 teaspoons ghee and mix well.
- Transfer prepared kheer to a serving bowl and garnish with roasted cashew nuts and roasted almonds. Serve it hot or place it in a refrigerator for 1-2 hours before serving and serve chilled. Instant and easy rice kheer with condensed milk is ready.
Tips and Variations:
- Use 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder instead of nutmeg powder for variation.
- Add 1/4 cup sweet mawa (or khoya) in place of condensed milk for variation.
Taste: Sweet and Creamy