|2 cups Plain Noodles (150 gm pack)
|6 cloves of Garlic, minced
|1 teaspoon minced Ginger
|1/4 cup sliced French Beans
|1/4 cup finely chopped Spring Onion
|1/2 cup thinly sliced Capsicum
|1/2 cup shredded Cabbage
|1/4 cup julienned Carrot
|1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
|2 teaspoons Soy Sauce
|1½ teaspoons Chilli Sauce (red or green)
|1 tablespoon Tomato Ketchup
|1 tablespoon +1 tablespoon Oil
|Salt to taste
- Boil the noodles by following step by step recipe of simple noodles or by following the instruction given on the pack of noodles.
- Cut the vegetables as mentioned in ingredients section. Make sure to chop the vegetables as thin as possible as they will take less time to cook.
- Heat 1-tablespoon oil in a wok (chinese style cooking vessel) or a wide mouthed pan over medium flame. Add minced garlic and minced ginger and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add French beans and stir-fry for a minute. Add spring onion, capsicum, cabbage and carrot.
- Stir-fry vegetables until they are cooked but still crunchy for approx. 2-minutes over high flame.
- Add soy sauce, green chilli sauce, tomato ketch up, black pepper powder and salt (please note that we have also added salt while boiling noodles).
- Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add boiled noodles.
- Mix and toss until noodles are evenly coated with sauces and vegetables for approx. 1-minute. Turn off flame and transfer it to serving plate. Serve it with Hot and Sour soup or Dry Vegetarian Manchurian.
- To make non-sticky noodles, do not overcook them in step-1. Cook them until they are cooked but not mushy. Do not forget to pour cold water over noodles after cooking to remove excess starch.
- You can use either green chilli sauce or red chilli sauce per your preference. Red chilli sauce will help you get the typical restaurant color.
- Adjust quantity of chilli sauce and soy sauce per your taste. Do not add more soy sauce as it tastes bitter and it will change the taste of noodles.
- All vegetables and noodles must be tossed over over high-flame to get restaurant like taste and texture.
- For variation, add baby corns, red and yellow capsicum, mushrooms or any other vegetables of your choice.