|2½ cups Steamed Rice|
|1 Green Chilli, optional|
|1 teaspoon finely chopped Ginger|
|1 teaspoon finely chopped Garlic|
|1/4 cup finely chopped Carrots|
|1/2 cup finely chopped Cabbage|
|2 stalks Spring Onion (green onion), finely chopped|
|1/4 cup finely chopped French Beans|
|1 tablespoon Soya sauce|
|1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder|
|1 teaspoon Vinegar, optional|
|2 tablespoons Cooking Oil|
- Cut onion into thin slices and finely chop green chilli.
- Heat oil in a wok or frying pan over medium heat and sauté sliced onion, green chilli, chopped ginger and chopped garlic; sauté them for a minute.
- Add carrot, cabbage, spring onion and French beans and stir-fry them for 2-3 minutes. Make sure that vegetables are not over cooked, they should be slightly crispy but not soft.
- Add and mix black pepper powder, soya sauce and salt.
- Add previously prepared steamed rice and vinegar. Mix gently. Do not stir too much otherwise rice grains may break. Cook for 2-3 minutes over medium flame.
- Turn off the flame and transfer Chinese fried rice to a serving bowl. Serve hot with manchurian gravy.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil or 3-4 lemon drops while preparing steamed rice to make them non-sticky and separated.
- For variation, add chopped vegetables like celery, green peas, capsicum, etc.
- Add chilli sauce for a spicy taste.
- Use Basmati rice to make it more flavorful and aromatic.