More Chinese Recipes
|10-12 Baby Corns|
|1/4 cup Cornflour (corn starch)|
|2½ tablespoons Maida|
|1 teaspoon Ginger-Garlic Paste (or crushed)|
|1/2 teaspoon Soy Sauce|
|Salt to taste|
|1/4 cup Water|
|Oil, for deep frying|
|For Sticky Sauce:|
|1 teaspoon minced or crushed Ginger|
|1 teaspoon minced or crushed Garlic|
|1-2 Green Chillies, slit vertically and halved|
|1 medium Onion, finely chopped|
|1/2 Capsicum, thinly sliced|
|1/4 cup finely chopped Spring Onion|
|1½ tablespoons Soy Sauce|
|1½ teaspoons Red Chilli Sauce or Green Chilli Sauce|
|2 tablespoons Tomato ketchup|
|1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder|
|1 teaspoon Cornflour (corn starch) dissolved in 2 tablespoons Water|
|1 tablespoon Oil|
|Salt to taste|
- Cut baby corns into half and chop other vegetables.
- Mix cornflour, maida, ginger-garlic paste, soy sauce and salt with 1/4 cup water in a medium size bowl and prepare a batter. Make sure, that there are no lumps in the prepared batter. Add halved baby corn pieces in it and coat them evenly with batter.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium flame. When it is medium hot, take one piece of batter coated baby corn and gently drop into the oil. Make a batch of 4-5 pieces at a time and deep-fry them until light golden brown and crispy. Transfer them using slotted spoon over oil absorbent paper in a plate. Deep-fry remaining pieces.
- Heat 1-tablespoon oil in a wok or wide mouthed pan over high flame. Add minced ginger, minced garlic, slit green chilli and chopped onion and sauté them for a minute.
- Add sliced capsicum and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add spring onion, red chilli sauce, soy sauce, tomato ketchup and black pepper powder. Mix well and cook for 30-40 seconds.
- Add dissolved cornflour, mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add fried baby corn pieces.
- Toss until all ingredients are mixed well and corns are coated well with sauce and cook for approx 2-minutes.
- Baby Corn Manchurian is ready for serving. Serve it hot.
- Do not keep fried baby corns idle for long time otherwise, they will turn little bit soft and you will not get the crunchy taste.
- If you are preparing this Chinese dish for kids party or snack then reduce the quantity of ginger and garlic and do not add green chilli and red chilli sauce.
- You can add ginger and garlic in any one of the form – crushed, minced or paste as per your convenience.