Milky White Coconut Milk is used as cooking base in many recipes as main or flavoring ingredient. The rich and creamy texture of coconut is attributed to high oil content in it. This oil rich milk simply transforms any seafood recipe into lip smacking recipe.
More Coconut Recipes
|1½ cups grated Fresh or Dry Coconut|
|1½ cups Hot Water|
- Take fresh grated coconut in a bowl.
- Pour hot water over it and let it stand for 5-7 minutes. Water should not be boiling hot.
- Place mixture in a blender and blend until smooth puree.
- Strain it through cheesecloth or sieve.
- Press remaining solids as much as possible to get maximum liquid and discard the coconut.
- Keep strained liquid in refrigerator and use within 2-3 days after preparation. Pour prepared milk in ice-tray, freeze it and then store frozen milk cubes in a plastic bag in freezer for 1 month.
Tips and Variations:
- Add more water to reduce the thickness of milk.
- Frozen coconut milk tends to retain its flavor and taste. Freeze it for long time storage and any time use.
Serving Ideas: It can be used as an ingredient to prepare smoothie, milkshake, curry, sweets, desserts, Thai foods etc. It is also used for seafood (crustaceans, like shrimp and lobster, and fishes), stews, and desserts.