Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe (with Step by Step Photos)
More Snacks Recipes
|1¼ cup Maida (all purpose flour)|
|1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda|
|A pinch of Salt|
|1/2 cup Butter (melted)|
|1/4 cup White Fine Granulated Sugar|
|1/4 cup Brown Sugar (light or dark)|
|2 tablespoons Milk|
|4 drops of Vanilla Essence or 1/8 teaspoon Vanilla Extract|
|1/2 cup Chocolate Chip Cookies|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for at least 10 minutes. Sift 1 cup 2 tablespoons cup maida/all purpose flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Keep 1/8 cup (2 tablespoons) maida for later use. Don’t add salt in this step if you are using salted butter.
- Take butter in another bowl.
- If the butter is not melted, microwave it for 15-20 seconds to melt it. It should be melted but not hot.
- Add brown sugar and white fine granulated sugar. (If white sugar has large granules, grind it in a mixer grinder into powder.)
- Whisk it until creamy.
- Add milk and vanilla extract.
- Whisk it for 1-2 minutes.
- Add flour mixture.
- Mix well until incorporated. If the mixture looks sticky, add little maida (flour) as needed and mix well (previously kept in step-1). Don’t add more than 2 tablespoons flour otherwise the cookie will turn dense.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Mix well.
- Line the baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Divide the dough into 16 equal portions and make round shaped balls from them. Press each ball a little between your palms and place on baking sheet. Don’t press them too much, just press a little. Keep enough space between them as cookie size will increase to almost double during baking.
- Place baking sheet on the middle rack in preheated oven and bake at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for 10-12 minutes or until little golden. For soft textured cookies, don’t bake them for more than 12 minutes. For little crunchy cookies, bake them for 15 minutes. Remove them from the oven. After about 12 minutes of baking, cookie will have light golden brown color and may look raw. However, don’t worry about it if you want to have a soft inner texture.
- Take out the tray. Keep cookies in them and let them cool for 5-7 minutes. Carefully transfer them to a cooling rack and let them cool down to room temperature. Store Eggless CHocolate Chip Cookies in an airtight container and consume within a week.
- Butter should be melted completely to make perfect cookies.
- Don’t change the ratio of flour and baking soda. Changing the ratio may turn cookie dense.
- Use chopped chocolate chunks if chocolate chips are not available.