More Desserts Sweets Recipes
|1½ cups tightly packed grated Paneer (approx. 200 grams)|
|200 ml Condensed Milk (1/2 tin) (3/4 cup)|
|1/4 teaspoon Green Cardamom Powder|
|5-7 Pistachios, finely chopped, for garnishing|
|Ghee, for greasing the pan|
- You can either use the ready made paneer or fresh homemade paneer or chenna for this recipe. Follow this recipe (step-1 to step-5) to make fresh homemade paneer/chenna. Pour 2-3 glasses of water over prepared chenna/paneer to remove any sourness of lemon juice. Keep it aside until required.
- If your want to use readymade paneer and if it is frozen/refrigerated, thaw it at room temperature. Either grate it using a grater. Or alternatively, you can crumble it using a mixer grinder; add the paneer cubes in the small jar of mixer grinder and pulse it few times to crumble it.
- Grease inside surface of small deep plate with ghee.
- Add crumbled/grated paneer and condensed milk in a heavy based kadai/pan. (Don’t turn on the stove yet.)
- Mix well using a spoon.
- Heat the mixture over low flame. Stir continuously and cook until it turns thicker.
- As you stir and cook, mixture will start to stick on the sides of the pan as seen in the photo. It will take around 4-7 minutes to cook the mixture.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder.
- Mix well and turn off the flame.
- Transfer mixture to greased plate. Shake it gently to evenly spread the mixture. Level the mixture with a spatula.
- Sprinkle dry fruits over it and gently press them with a spatula.
- Let it cool down to room temperature. Cover and place it in the refrigerator for 2 hours to set.
- Remove it from the refrigerator and cut into small pieces.
- Gently remove the pieces and transfer them to a serving plate. Serve and enjoy.
- First mix the condensed milk and paneer very well before turning on the heat/flame. This will prevent sticking while cooking.
- Use freshly made paneer instead of refrigerated store bought paneer. Freshly made panner help make kalakand softer.
- Refrigerating kalakand will make it harder. If you like softer kalakand that you can eat with spoon, do not put it in refrigerator to cool down.