Cashewnut Cookies (Kaju Biscuit) Recipe
Are you looking for an eggless cookies recipe for kids? These crispy eggless cashewnut cookies are simple to make and only require a few ingredients. They stay good for 15-20 days at room temperature. As they are healthy and also can be prepared in advance, they are a great option for birthday parties, get togethers, kids lunchbox, and also for the after-school snack. Follow the below given recipe with step by step photos to make them at home.
More Snacks Recipes
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 18-20 cookies
|1 cup Maida (plain flour/all purpose flour)|
|1/8 teaspoon Baking Soda|
|1/2 cup Butter (softened at room temperature)|
|1/3 cup Sugar (powdered)|
|3/4 cup Cashew nuts Powder (roughly crushed)|
|1/4 cup + 1/4 cup chopped Cashew Nuts, optional|
|1/4 teaspoon Cardamom Powder (or 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Essence/Extract)|
- Take a large bowl and keep a sieve over it. Add 1 cup maida (plain flour/all purpose flour) and a pinch of baking soda (1/8 teaspoon).
- Sift them together.
- Mix them using a spoon properly.
- Take 1/2 cup softened butter in another bowl.
- Add 1/3 cup powdered sugar.
- Mix well. Beat them using a hand bitter or a fork until smooth and creamy.
- Add previously sifted flour (from step-2) and mix lightly.
- Add 3/4 cup cashew nuts powder (roughly crushed) and 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom powder or 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence/extract.
- Mix well and make a dough. Add 1/4 cup chopped cashewnuts (this step is optional).
- Mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit (180 degree Celsius). Divide it into 18-20 equal portions. Take each portion one by one and give it a round shape like ball and then press it gently between your palms to flatten it.
- Transfer them to a baking tray. Sprinkle a few chopped cahsewnuts over each cookie and press them lightly. Keep some space between cookies as shown in the picture as they will increase in size after baking.
- Bake the cookies in preheated oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit (180 degree Celsius) for 15-18 minutes or until the bottom surface turns light golden. If you like chewy cookies then bake them only for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven. Transfer cookies on a cooling rack and let them cool to room temperature. Once cools down, store them in an airtight container.
Tips and Variations:
- Baking Time – It varies by few minutes because of the different sizes of ovens and different settings. Keep an eye on cookies after 15 minutes to prevent them from burning.
- Variation – Use half amount of pistachio and half amount of cashew nuts in place of using all the cashew nuts.
Taste: Sweet and Crispy
Serving Ideas: Serve cashewnut cookies with other savory snacks like farsi puri, poha chivda and sev.