It is a delightful coffee flavored easy to prepare creamy dessert. The freshly brewed strong coffee, milk, sugar, cornstarch and egg yolk makes it flavorful and creamy while vanilla extract provides a complex yet delightful twist to its overall palatability. The whipped cream and shredded chocolate garnishing makes coffee pudding simply irresistible.
More Pudding Recipes
|1/4 cup Brewed Strong Coffee|
|1½ cups Whole Milk|
|1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract|
|1/4 teaspoon Cardamom Powder|
|4 tablespoons Sugar|
|2 tablespoons Cornstarch|
|Egg yolk of 1 large size egg, lightly beaten|
- Whisk together cornstarch, milk, brewed coffee and sugar until smooth in a medium saucepan. Cook it on medium heat until sugar dissolves completely or for 2 minutes.
- Take away saucepan from heat and gradually add lightly beaten egg yolk while stirring constantly.
- Cook prepared mixture over medium-low heat until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Stir constantly; it will take around 5 minutes to cook properly for perfect pudding.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in cardamom powder. Strain mixture (through strainer to remove any cornstarch lumps) and pour it into a large serving bowl or 3 individual serving bowls.
- Let hot coffee flavored pudding cool at room temperature. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Delicious and tempting coffee pudding is ready to delight your taste buds, garnish as desired and enjoy.
Tips and Variations:
- If you like mild sweet pudding, then reduce quantity of sugar to 2 or 3 tablespoons. This will also enhance coffee taste as sweetness of sugar will not hide its flavor.
Taste: Sweet and creamy
Serving Ideas: Serve it as a dessert in parties for a great sweet ending. It is a widely preferred Christmas dessert as well.