|1 Ready made Puff Pastry Sheet (used Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheet)|
|2 teaspoons Oil|
|1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds|
|1 medium Onion, finely chopped (approx. 1/2 cup)|
|1 small Boiled Potato, chopped (approx. 1/2 cup)|
|1/3 cup chopped Carrot|
|1/3 cup Green Peas (fresh or frozen)|
|1/3 cup chopped Green Beans, optional|
|A pinch of Chaat Masala Powder|
|1/3 teaspoon Dry Mango Powder (aamchur) or 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Juice|
|1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder|
|A pinch of Turmeric Powder|
|A pinch of Garam Masala Powder, optional|
|1 teaspoon Cumin-coriander Powder, optional|
|Salt to taste|
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a pan or kadai over medium flame. Add 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds; when they turn golden brown, add 1/2 cup finely chopped onion. Sauté until onion turns translucent.
- Add 1/3 cup chopped carrot, 1/3 cup green peas, 1/3 cup chopped green beans and a pinch of salt.
- Sauté until vegetables turn little soft. It will take around 3-4 minutes over medium flame.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped boiled potato.
- Mix well and cook for a minute. Add 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder, a pinch of turmeric powder, a pinch of garam masala powder and 1 teaspoon cumin-coriander powder.
- Add a pinch of chaat masala powder and 1/3 teaspoon dry mango powder.
- Mix well and cook for a minute. Taste for the seasonings and add more if required. Turn off the flame. Stuffing masala for Veg Puff is ready. Let it cool down to room temperature.
- Follow the instructions given on the box to thaw or defrost the puff pastry sheet.
- Thaw the pastry sheet to room temperature. Preheat the oven at 425 F (220 C) for 10 minutes.
- Cut thawed sheet into 3 to 4 inch squares as shown in the photo. Put 1-2 tablespoons stuffing in the center of half of the squares. Lightly moisten the edges with a wet brush or finger.
- Fold each one to give a triangle shape (as shown in the photo). You can also cover it with another square to give it a square shape. Press the edges with hand or a fork.
- Place raw puffs directly on baking tray or a baking tray lined with aluminum foil/butter paper.
- Place baking tray on the middle rack in preheated oven and bake it at 425 F (220 C) for around 18-20 minutes or until the top surface turns golden brown and crispy. Remove baking tray from oven.
- Add vegetables of your choice. You can use beetroot, sweet corn, green peas, cabbage, cauliflower, potato, beans, carrot, etc.
- Follow the instructions given on the box to thaw/defrost the puff pastry sheet.
- You can use boiled (steam cooked) vegetables in step-3 instead of sautéing raw vegetables for 3-4 minutes.
- Add salt while boiling potato to enhance the taste. (Boil chopped potato in salted water in a pot/pan for 5-7 minutes or boil the whole potato in a pressure cooker.)