More Roti Paratha Recipes
|1 cup + 1/2 cup Wheat Flour|
|1/4 cup shredded Carrot (gajar)|
|1/2 cup shredded Cabbage|
|1/4 cup finely chopped Capsicum|
|2 tablespoons finely chopped Spring Onion or Normal Onion|
|2 tablespoons finely chopped Fenugreek (Methi) Leaves, optional|
|1 teaspoon crushed Ginger-Garlic or paste|
|1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder|
|1/4 cup Green Peas, boiled and mashed|
|1 tablespoons finely chopped, Coriander Leaves|
|1 Green Chilli, finely chopped|
|1/4 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder|
|1 teaspoon Coriander Powder|
|1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder|
|2½ teaspoons + for shallow frying Oil|
- Heat 1-teaspoon oil in a non-stick pan over medium flame. Add carrot, cabbage, capsicum, spring onion, fenugreek leaves and crushed ginger-garlic. If you are using normal onion, first sauté it for a minute and then add remaining vegetables.
- Sprinkle salt and turmeric powder over it. Mix well and sauté until vegetables are tender, for approx. 3-4 minutes. Add mashed green peas.
- Mix well and turn off the flame. Let sautéed mixed vegetables cool for 5-minutes.
- Take 1-cup wheat flour, 1-teaspoon oil and salt in a bowl. Add cooked vegetable mixture, chopped coriander leaves, chopped green chilli, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and coriander powder. Mix them properly.
- Knead smooth and little stiff dough (like paratha dough) using a small amount of water (approx. 1-2 tablespoons). Grease its surface with 1/2 teaspoon oil, cover it and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, divide dough into 8 equal parts and give them a round shape like a ball.
- Take 1/2 cup dry wheat flour in a plate for dusting. Take one dough ball and flatten it to give a shape like pattie. Coat it with dry wheat flour and place it on a roti making board.
- Roll it out into a approx. 6-7 inch diameter raw paratha.
- Heat a tava/griddle over medium flame. When tava is hot, place raw paratha on it. When tiny bubbles start to rise on the surface, flip it and reduce the flame to low.
- Spread 1/4 teaspoon oil around edges and 1/4 teaspoon oil over surface with the help of a spatula and cook for approx. 30-40 seconds. Flip it again and spread another 1/4 teaspoon oil around edges and 1/4 teaspoon oil over its surface. Press it with spatula and let it cook for 30-40 seconds over medium flame. Cook until golden brown spots appear on both sides.
- Follow the same process for remaining dough balls. Mixed vegetable paratha is ready. Serve with curd and pickle.
- Add the mixed vegetables of your choice and according to the availability.
- Mash the boiled peas properly to avoid tearing of dough while rolling out the paratha.
- You can also use boiled vegetables like potato, carrot, cabbage and green peas instead of sautéed one. Boil vegetables of your choice, drain excess water, mash them using a potato masher and mix with wheat flour and spices and make a dough.
- For variation, you can make the triangle shaped vegetable parathas instead of round shaped.