Cherry Juice Recipe
Cherry Juice is known for its various health benefits. Among its medicinal benefits, most notable are pain-relieving effect for rheumatoid arthritis, gout, diabetes and heart conditions. Apart from red cherries, this recipe also uses plums and watermelon to make juice more tasty and palatable. Whether you want to drink this juice for arthritis pain or just for fun, you can easily make it at home with this recipe.
More Juice Recipes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 3 minutes
Serves: 2 servings
|15 Fresh and Ripe Red Cherry|
|2½ cups diced Watermelon|
|4 Ice Cubes|
- Rinse cherries and plums. Remove seeds of cherries.
- Blanch plums (boil them in hot water for 2 minutes and then quickly immerse in cold water for a minute) and remove its skin. Its skin is generally very sour and hence its recommended to remove it. However, you can use it with its skin on if you like tart taste.
- Cut plums into halves and remove stones.
- Blend cherry, watermelon and plums in a blender until smooth puree.
- Strain puree through sieve, collect juice in bowl and remove watermelon seeds.
- Add ice cubes in serving glasses and fill them up with fruitful and natural juice of red cherry.
Tips and Variations:
- You can also use juicer instead of blender to prepare it.
- Add 1 teaspoon sugar if watermelon is not sweet enough.
- Use black cherry to make sharper tasting juice.
Taste: Natural sweet and mild sour taste of cherries
Serving Ideas: It can be enjoyed with snacks or in breakfast for healthy start of the day.