Blueberries have a wide range of micro-nutrients, high levels of the essential dietary mineral manganese, vitamin B6, C, K and dietary fibers. Blueberry juice, made with ripe blueberries, celery, beetroot and apple help you to savor all of its goodness in a form of a juice. Learn how to make it in few minutes with this easy recipe and don’t forget to read tips given below to make different varieties.
|1 cup Blueberry
|1 Celery Stalk
|1/2 Cucumber, optional
|1/4 Lemon or Lime
|1/2 cup Water
|2-3 Ice cubes, optional
How to Make Juice without Juicer:
- Rinse blueberries, apple, celery, cucumber and beetroot thoroughly in water to remove any debris.
- Cut apple into large pieces and remove the core. Cut celery and cucumber into large pieces. Peel and cut beetroot into small pieces.
- Pour 1/2 cup water and blueberries in a blender jar.
- Add cucumber, apple, celery and beetroot in given order.
- Blend all together until smooth puree.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a large bowl. Pour prepared puree over it. If the metal strainer is not available, you can also use a cheesecloth.
- Use the spatula and gently press the prepared puree to collect the juice. Discard the remaining fibrous pulp.
- Squeeze the lemon over prepared juice and add ice cubes. Stir well and pour prepared juice into chilled serving glasses.
- Take a juicer and place an empty glass or a container under its spout.
- Process all veggies and fruits alternatively through juicer.
- Squeeze the lemon over prepared juice and stir well.
- Fill up glasses with ice and pour juice over it, optionally garnish with mint sprig and serve.
Tips and Variations:
- Add 1/4 cup strawberries for variation.
- Use wild blueberries to make juice of wild blueberry.
- Make organic blueberry juice by using organic blueberries, other organic veggies and fruits.
Serving Ideas: Get all health benefits of this drink by serving it in the morning with breakfast or alone at any time of the day.