The fun to eat healthy pancakes is even healthier when made with blueberries. The blueberry pancakes are either made by stirring blue berries in batter or by sprinkling them over the batter on griddle. This recipe uses the second technique to make soft, fluffy and warm pancakes for healthy breakfast.
More Pancake Recipes
|1/2 cup fresh or frozen Blueberries|
|1 cup + 2 tablespoons All Purpose Flour (plain flour / maida)|
|1½ teaspoons (1/2 tablespoon) Baking Powder|
|2 tablespoons Sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon Salt|
|1 cup Milk|
|2 tablespoons Butter, melted + for Serving|
- Gather all the ingredients to make this pancake.
- Take(1 cup +2 tablespoons) all purpose flour (plain flour/maida), 1½ teaspoons (1/2 tablespoon) baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 2 tablespoons sugar in a medium size bowl.
- Mix well with a spoon.
- Pour 1 cup milk.
- Add 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Whisk together until blended.
- Add 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries and mix well. Pancake batter is ready.
- When the pan is medium hot, pour 1/8 cup batter (for big pancakes use 1/4 cup batter) over it.
- Cook on medium heat until tiny bubbles appear on the top and bottom surface turns light brown. It would take around 2 minutes. Check the bottom surface with a spatula to see if it has turned light brown or not. If it has, then turn it upside down.
- Cook until another side also turns light brown. Note that this side side will take only about half the time compared to the first side.
- Transfer it to a serving plate and follow same process for the rest of the batter.
- Serve warm blueberry pancakes with butter and maple syrup.
Tips and Variations:
- If batter seems too thick to pour, add a little more milk.
- If you like darker pancakes, then keep it on a griddle for few more seconds until it is dark golden brown.
- If you are not much concerned about the color of prepared pancakes, then stir-in blueberries in batter rather than spraying them on it.
Taste: Mild sweet and fruity berry flavor
Serving Ideas: It is traditionally served and eaten as a healthy breakfast. The infusion of blueberry in pancake’s preparation adds a lot of flavor and nutrition’s to it making it more enjoyable and tastier. Serve stacked pancakes covered in blueberry syrup for heavenly experience. However it also tastes equally good with maple syrup. It is heavenly delicious and visually tempting when served with sliced banana and honey.