Lemon Water (Nimbu Pani, Limbu Sarbat, Lime Water) prepared with lemon, salt and sugar is a perfect drink for hot summer as it provides instant energy and hydrates body in no time. It also provides vitamin C and helps flush out toxins from body. Serve it to kids during their summer vacations as well as to patients recovering from dehydration.
|2 tablespoons Lemon Juice|
|1/2 teaspoon Salt|
|2 tablespoons Sugar|
|A pinch of Black Pepper Powder, optional|
|2 cups(500 ml) Water|
|2 Lemon Slices, for garnishing|
|4 Ice Cubes|
- Lemon, sugar and salt are required for this recipe. You can use green lime instead of lemon in this recipe.
- Pour 2 cups water in a medium pot or a jug. Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir them using a spoon until sugar dissolves completely. (You can also use powdered sugar in place of whole sugar.)
- Add a pinch of pepper powder and mix well. Taste the water and adjust the amount of sugar, lemon juice and salt as per your taste.
- Add two ice cubes in each glass. Pour prepared lemon water over ice cubes. Garnish with a nimbu (lemon) slices and serve.
Tips and Variations:
- Adjust the amount of sugar as per your taste.
- You can use same amount of honey instead of using sugar.
- For variation, add 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger and few mint leaves.
- For plain simple lemon water, do not add any spices.
Taste: Salty, Sweet and sour
Serving Ideas: Serve it in the afternoon during hot summer instead of tea.