Lemon Water Recipe
Lemon Water (Nimbu pani, Lime Water) prepared with lemon, salt and sugar is a perfect drink for hot summer as it provides instant energy and hydrates body in no time. It also provides vitamin C and helps flush out toxins from body. Serve it to kids during their summer vacations as well as to patients recovering from dehydration.
More Juice Recipes
Preparation Time:5 minutes
Serves: 3 servings
|1½ tablespoons Lemon Juice|
|1/2 teaspoon Salt|
|2 tablespoons Sugar|
|1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder (optional)|
|1/2 teaspoon Coriander Powder (optional)|
|4 cups Water|
|3 Lemon Slice (for garnishing)|
|6 Ice Cubes|
- Mix lemon juice, salt, sugar and water in a jug.
- Stir them using a spoon until sugar dissolves completely. (You can use powdered sugar in place of whole sugar.)
- Add coriander powder and pepper powder and mix well.
- Add two ice cubes in glasses. Pour prepared drink over ice cubes.
- Garnish with a nimbu (lemon) slices and serve.
Tips and Variations:
- If you do not want to use sugar, then use honey.
- If you want to have plain lemon water, then do not add any spices.
Taste: Salty, Sweet and sour
Serving Ideas: Serve it in the afternoon during hot summer in place of tea.