Capsicum Masala Curry Recipe (with Step by Step Photos)
More Curry Recipes
|2 medium Green Capsicum (green bell peppers/shimla mirch)|
|2 teaspoons Coriander Seeds|
|1 tablespoon grated Dry Coconut|
|1 Dry Red Chilli|
|1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds|
|1/4 cup Roasted Peanuts|
|1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds (jeera)|
|1 medium Onion, finely chopped|
|2 cloves Garlic, crushed|
|1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder (lal mirch)|
|1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder (haldi)|
|1/2 teaspoon Lemon Juice, optional|
|2 tablespoons Cooking Oil|
|3/4 cup Water|
- Add coriander seeds, grated coconut, dry red chilli and sesame seeds in a pan and dry roast them over low flame until nice aroma comes for approx. 2-minutes. Transfer them to a plate and let them cool for 3-4 minutes. Grind them with roasted peanuts in a grinder and make a fine masala powder.
- Heat oil in same pan or kadai over medium flame. Add cumin seeds and allow them to splutter. Add chopped onion and crushed garlic, sauté until onion becomes light pink.
- Add capsicum and sprinkle salt over it.
- Sauté capsicum until it turns tender but still crispy for approx. 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder, mix and cook for a minute.
- Add masala powder (prepared in step-1), lemon juice and salt (only for masala powder).
- Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 3/4 cup water and let it boil over medium flame.
- Cook until gravy becomes thick or for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and transfer curry in a serving bowl.
- You can add fresh coconut instead of dry coconut according to the availability.
- Make sure, ingredients does not turn dark brown while dry roasting in step-1.