Tea Masala Powder (Chai Masala) Recipe (with Step by Step Photos)
Chai Masala Powder (Tea Masala) is a spice powder used for making aromatic masala tea. It provides a nice aroma and delicious taste to normal milk tea. It has a long shelf life due to its dry nature and hence once prepared, it can be stored and used for many months.
More Masala Recipes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 1 cup masala
|100 gms (3/4 cup) Dried Ginger (sonth)|
|10 gms (2 tablespoons) Cinnamon|
|5 gms (1 tablespoon) Clove|
|5-7 gms (1 tablespoon) Black Peppercorns, optional|
|10 gms (2 tablespoons) Green Cardamom|
- Gather all ingredients listed in the ingredients table.
- If the ginger pieces are too big, use mortar and pestle to break them into medium pieces. Add dried ginger in the small jar of a mixer grinder or heavy duty blender or coffee grinder.
- Grind until medium coarse powder.
- Add cinnamon, cloves, black peppercorns and cardamom.
- Grind it again until it turns into a medium coarse powder. Do not grind it into very smooth powder. Tea masala powder is ready. You can store it in airtight container for up to a year and use it to make addictive masala tea whenever you want to.
Tips and Variations:
- If you don’t like too much ginger flavor, reduce the amount of dried ginger to 1/2 cup.
- Use 1/4 teaspoon chai masala powder to prepare 2 cups masala chai.
- You can prepare it in large quantity by multiplying the quantity of ingredients accordingly.
Taste: Spicy and aromatic