Plum Sauce Recipe
|1 lb (450 gms) Ripe Plums|
|1/2 teaspoon minced Fresh Garlic|
|1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder|
|1 teaspoon grated Fresh Ginger|
|1/4 teaspoon Ground Cloves, optional|
|2 tablespoons Vinegar|
|1 tablespoon Soya Sauce, optional|
|1/4 cup Brown Sugar|
- Choose dark maroon ripe plums. Wash and clean thoroughly, peel their skin, cut them into halves, remove stones and chop into small pieces.
- Take plum pieces, sugar, minced garlic, grated ginger, vinegar, ground cloves and chilli powder in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat and stir to blend flavor of all ingredients. When it starts to boil, reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer until plum becomes soft and mixture becomes thick. It would take around 15-20 minutes. Stir in between occasionally. If plums are overripe and too juicy, then it may take more time to thicken.
- Remove pan from heat and mix soya sauce.
- Cool mixture at room temperature.
- Pour prepared sauce in an airtight container and keep in refrigerator for long-term storage.
- Add onion to make it spicier and more flavorful.
- If you do not like its chunky texture, then blend prepared mixture to paste in the last step.
Response: Hi Erika, you can omit the cloves as they are added to enhance the flavor and give it a little spicy touch. Cook it a little bit longer to make it thick and add additional 1/3 cup sugar to make it sweeter.