Mango pudding is a popular dessert in Asian countries. This recipe prepares rich and creamy fresh mango pudding by mixing agar agar, pureed mango, milk and sugar. The garnish of fresh fruit makes it even more tempting.
More Pudding Recipes
|1 cup Mango Pulp (or mango puree), (approx. 1 large Mango)|
|3 tablespoons Hot Water|
|1 teaspoon Agar Agar Powder (Chinagrass or non-flavored Gelatin)(or 5 gms Agar Agar Strands)|
|3/4 cup Milk|
|1/4 cup Condensed Milk|
- If you are using fresh mango, peel and dice the mango. Blend diced mango in a blender or food processor until smooth puree.
- Pour 3 tablespoons water in a pan. Add 1 teaspoon agar agar powder. Mix well and cook until it dissolves completely. If you are using agar agar flakes(strands) instead of agar agar powder, cut the flakes into small pieces using a scissor and then cook it in water in a pan until it dissolves completely.
- Meanwhile, heat 3/4 cup millk in the same pan over medium flame. Let it heat for 3-4 minutes. Then, add 1/4 cup condensed milk and turn off the flame. Mix well. There is no need to boil the milk.
- Add dissolved agar agar mixture to the milk and mix well. Let the milk cool for a few minutes.
- Add mango puree.
- Mix well.
- Pour it into 3 individual serving bowls. Cover the bowls with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 4-5 hours before serving.
- Garnish with fresh diced mango or dry fruits and serve.
Tips and Variations:
- If you are using agar agar flakes(strands) instead of agar agar powder, cut the flakes into small pieces using a scissor and then cook it in water until it dissolves completely.
- Replace plain milk with coconut milk to make a Chinese style creamy mango pudding.
- For creamy pudding, use 1/2 cup milk and 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream instead of 3/4 cup milk.
- If the fresh mango is fibrous, strain the prepared mango puree and discard solid fiber parts of fruit.
- This pudding is a best dessert for a small party or guests as it can be prepared in advance.
Taste: Sweet and creamy
Serving Ideas: This mango pudding recipe captures the taste and flavors of mango very well, serve it as a summer dessert after dinner or as a snack in evenings.