Brown Rice Pudding Recipe
Brown rice pudding is a healthier variation of white rice pudding and its made with brown rice. The brown rice adds a unique aromatic nutty flavor and a chewy texture to this creamy dessert. Make it in few minutes with this recipe and serve warm or cold, it’s healthy and delicious either way.
More Pudding Recipes
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 servings
|2 cups cooked Brown Rice|
|3 cups Milk|
|2 tablespoons Raisins|
|1/4 cup Sugar|
|1 tablespoon unsalted Butter|
|1/2 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg|
|1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon|
- Combine cooked rice, milk, raisins, ground cinnamon and sugar in a saucepan.
- Cook on medium-low heat until creamy and thick and milk is almost absorbed. It would take around 15-20 minutes. Stir frequently in between to prevent sticking.
- Turn off heat, mix ground nutmeg and butter and stir well.
- Transfer it to serving bowl.
- Serve healthy brown rice pudding warm or place it in a refrigerator for 2 hours and serve chilled.
Tips and Variations:
- Add chopped fresh fruits like banana, apple and strawberry in chilled pudding for added fruit flavor and variation in taste.
- You can add 3 tablespoons maple syrup or 3 tablespoons honey in place of sugar for flavorful change.
- The routine recipe calls for use of only raisins. However, experiment by adding roasted almonds or cashews for a rich experience.
Taste: Sweet and creamy
Serving Ideas: Serve it as a healthy breakfast or dessert for a healthy sweet ending for lunch or dinner.