|Ingredients for Pasta|
|3/4 cup Penne Pasta or any Pasta|
|1/2 teaspoon Salt|
|4-5 cups Water|
|1/2 teaspoon Oil|
|1/4 cup chopped Carrot|
|1/4 cup chopped Green Capsicum|
|1/4 cup chopped Red Capsicum|
|1/4 cup chopped Broccoli|
|Salt to taste|
|For White Sauce:|
|1½ tablespoons Butter|
|1 teaspoon finely chopped Garlic, optional|
|1 tablespoon Maida (all purpose flour)|
|1 cup Milk (250 ml)|
|1/4 teaspoon dried Oregano, optional (or pizza seasonings)|
|1/4 teaspoon Red Chilli Flakes|
|A pinch of Black Pepper Powder (or crushed pepper)|
|Salt to taste|
- We have used whole wheat pasta to make White Pasta even healthier and kid friendly. However, you can use any type of pasta, either white pasta or whole wheat pasta per your preference.
- Boil raw pasta according to the instructions given on the package or follow following instructions; Take 4-5 cups water in deep sauce pan, bring it to boil over medium flame. When it start boiling, add 3/4 cup Penne pasta and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Boil them until al-dente (cooked but not very soft). It will take around 10-12 minutes. To check whether pasta is cooked or not, take one pasta in a fork and bite it. If it is little firm to bite, it is cooked. If it is too hard to bite, it requires more cooking.
- Transfer cooked pasta to a large colander and drain excess water.
- While pasta is cooking, heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a pan or kadai over high flame. Add 1/4 cup chopped carrot, 1/4 cup chopped green capsicum, 1/4 cup chopped red capsicum, 1/4 cup chopped broccoli and salt.
- Stir and cook until veggies are little cooked but still crunchy, for around 2-3 minutes. Turn off the flame and transfer them to a plate.
- Heat 1½ tablespoons butter in the same pan or kadai over medium flame. Add 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add 1 tablespoon maida (all purpose flour).
- Stir continuously and cook for a minute.
- Pour 1 cup milk little by little while stirring continuously with a whisk.
- Stir and mix for 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce flame to low. Continue stirring and cooking until mixture starts to thicken. It will take around 3-4 minutes depending on the size and thickness of the pan. When mixture starts to coat the back of a spoon as shown in the picture here, it means that it has started to thicken.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon oregano, 1/4 teaspoon red chilli flakes, a pinch of black pepper powder and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add sautéed vegetables and pasta.
- Turn off the flame. Mix well.
- Transfer it to a serving plate. White sauce pasta is now ready. Garnish it with grated cheese and serve while they are still hot.
- White Pasta Sauce will continue to thicken as it cools down. So serve and enjoy pasta while they are still hot.
- For cheesy flavor add 2 tablespoons grated cedar cheese or mozzarella cheese in step-10.
- Use veggies of your choice. Sweet corn, button mushrooms, french beans, onion etc. (total 1 cup chopped veggies) are excellent for creamy white pasta.
- Before using left over pasta, re-heat them with 1/4 cup milk or water to make sauce thinner.
- For preparing white pasta in large quantity for party, follow the given steps. Make sauce, boiled pasta, and stir-fried veggies in advance. Then at the time of serving, re-heat the sauce (if sauce is too thick, add little water or milk in it), add boiled pasta and cooked veggies, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes.