Aloo Capsicum Curry Recipe (with Step by Step Photos)
|2 medium Potatoes, boiled, peeled and cubed|
|3 medium Capsicums|
|2 medium Onions, chopped|
|1 medium Tomato, chopped|
|2 tablespoons Cashew Nuts|
|1/2 teaspoon Ginger, grated|
|3-4 cloves Garlic|
|1 teaspoon Dry Coriander Seeds|
|1/4 teaspoon Cumin Seeds|
|1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder|
|1 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder (lal mirch)|
|1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder (haldi)|
|2½ tablespoons Cooking Oil|
|1 teaspoon Sugar|
|1/4 cup Water|
- Take tomato, cashew nuts, ginger, garlic, coriander seeds and cumin seeds in a mixer jar to prepare puree.
- Grind them with 1/4 cup water and make a puree.
- Take a kadai and heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add chopped capsicum, sprinkle salt over it and sauté on medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a plate and keep aside.
- Add remaining 1½ tablespoons oil in same kadai and sauté chopped onion until it turns light brown. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and garam masala, mix well.
- Add puree (prepared in step 1), salt and sugar; cook on low to medium heat until oil starts to separate from it (It will take around 5-6 minutes).
- Add boiled and cubed potatoes and cooked capsicum, stir and mix well.
- Add 1/4 cup water and let mixture cook over medium flame.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until gravy turns thick. Turn off the heat and transfer aloo and capsicum curry to a serving bowl.
- Add 2 chopped green chillies while making a puree in step 1 to make a spicy curry.
- If you want to serve this spicy and delicious curry in a party, then prepare it 2-3 hours in advance. This setting time will allow all flavors of spices to come out and mingle with each other, giving it a unique aromatic taste.
- Add 1 teaspoon kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves) to give it a Punjabi touch.
Response: You're welcome, Amruta. Glad to hear your in-laws loved it.
Took me about one hour to prepare- start to finish.
he liked it and now he is fan of my cooking
all thanks to you :P
What I've liked most about your recipes is that though I searched for it at 9 in the evening yet I've been able to make a delicious dish each time that too with minimum ingredients & process.
Thank you !
Response: You can add ready made tomato puree (1/3 cup) or ready made tomato paste (2 tablespoons) instead of fresh tomato in this recipe. If you want to skip the tomato then add 1 teaspoon lemon juice in the curry to balance the taste.
Response: Thanks Pamela.
Response: Thanks a lot for feedback and posting the pictures of curry prepared by you on your blog. It really helps every one.
Response: Thank you Meena and Sapna! We are happy to know that you and your family liked this simple but tasty Indian curry.