The combination of aloo and methi in a curry is a tempting combination wherein their taste and flavors complement each other and its further enhanced by spices. This easy and simple aloo methi curry recipe prepares dry textured curry by combining potatoes and fresh methi (fenugreek) leaves with curry spices.
Aloo Methi Curry Dry Video
|1½ cups chopped Potato(3 small potato)|
|2½ cups Fresh Fenugreek Leaves (Methi), cleaned and chopped|
|1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds (jeera)|
|1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder (lal mirch)|
|1-2 teaspoons Cumin Coriander Powder|
|1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder (haldi)|
|3½ tablespoons Oil|
|Salt, to taste|
- Wash 2½ cups chopped fenugreek leaves in water. Drain them and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai or pan over medium flame. Add 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds.
- when they begin to turn light brown, add 1½ cups chopped potatoes and salt.
- Mix well and sauté for a minute. Add 2 tablespoons water.
- Cook covered until potatoes turn soft, for around 7-8 minutes. Stir in between 1-2 times to prevent them from sticking.
- When potatoes are cooked, remove the lid. Add 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder and 1 teaspoon coriander powder.
- Mix well.
- Add 2½ cups chopped fenugreek leaves and salt(only for fenugreek leaves). Mix well.
- Cook until fenugreek leaves shrinks and excess water evaporated. It will take around 5-7 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and transfer curry to a serving bowl. Dry aloo methi curry is ready. Serve it hot.
Tips and Variations:
- Add 1/2 teaspoon sugar and 1 teaspoon lemon juice for a mild sweet, tangy and spicy taste.
Taste: Spicy with nice flavor of fenugreek leaves.
Serving Ideas: It can be served with phulka or chapati, onion raita and dal tadka for healthy and stomach filling lunch or dinner.