The combination of aloo and methi in a curry is a tempting combination wherein their taste and flavors complement each other and its further enhanced by spices. This easy and simple aloo methi curry recipe prepares dry textured curry by combining boiled potatoes and fresh methi (fenugreek) leaves with curry spices.
|2 cups boiled Potato pieces|
|4 cups Fresh Fenugreek Leaves (Methi), cleaned and chopped|
|1 Tomato, chopped|
|5 cloves Garlic, minced|
|1/2 tablespoon Ginger Chilli Paste|
|1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds (jeera)|
|1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder (lal mirch)|
|2 teaspoons Coriander Powder|
|1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder (haldi)|
|3½ tablespoons Cooking Oil|
- Wash chopped fenugreek leaves in water. Drain them and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai or pan and add cumin seeds in it. When they begin to turn light brown, add minced garlic and sauté until it turns light brown.
- Add ginger chilli paste and sauté on low flame.
- Add chopped potatoes and sauté on low flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomato, chopped fenugreek leaves, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt. Stir and mix well.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat. Cover kadai or pan with lid and cook on low heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer curry to a serving bowl.
- Dry aloo methi curry is ready. Serve it hot.
Tips and Variations:
- Add 1/2 teaspoon sugar and 1 teaspoon lemon juice for a mild sweet, tangy and spicy taste.
Taste: Spicy with nice flavor of fenugreek leaves.
Serving Ideas: It can be served with phulka or chapati, onion raita and dal tadka for healthy and stomach filling lunch or dinner.