More Starter Recipes
|1½ cups Paneer (cottage cheese), cut into 1-inch square, 1/2 inch thick slices|
|2 Green Capsicums, cut into 1-inch squares|
|1 Red Capsicum, cut into 1-inch squares|
|1 medium Onion, cut into 1-inch chunks|
|1½ teaspoons Ginger-Garlic Paste|
|1 cup Hung Curd (or Greek Yogurt)|
|1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder|
|1/4 teaspoon Garam Masala|
|1/2 teaspoon Kasuri Methi (dried fenugreek leaves)|
|1 teaspoon Coriander Powder|
|1 teaspoon + 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala|
|1½ tablespoons Oil|
|1-2 teaspoon Lemon Juice|
|1 medium Onion, thinly sliced (for garnishing)|
- Take hung curd in a big bowl and beat it until smooth. Add ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder, garam masala, kasuri methi, coriander powder, 1-teaspoon chaat masala and salt in it. Mix well and prepare a marinade.
- Add paneer, both types of capsicum and onion, mix gently to coat all added ingredients with marinade. Keep aside for 1 hour to marinate. If possible, cover and place them in refrigerator to marinate overnight.
- Arrange red capsicum, green capsicum, onion, paneer and green capsicum in given order on small wooden toothpick/ skewer.
- Heat non-stick griddle or tawa, spread 1½ tablespoons oil on it. When tawa is hot enough, shallow fry skewered paneer and vegetables over medium heat.
- Cook each side by turning toothpick/ skewer until all sides are light brown. This will take approx 3-4 minutes. Crispy paneer tikka dry is ready.
- Transfer them to a serving plate and remove the toothpick/ skewer by holding bottom most vegetable in place and sliding skewer backwards. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon chaat masala and few drops of lemon juice over it and garnish with thinly sliced onion and serve.
- If you do not have non-stick griddle or non-stick tawa, then use regular tawa or griddle and add more oil while shallow frying to prevent it from sticking.
- Use Kashmiri red chilli powder for nice color. It is less hot but gives a nice color.
- Use tomato, yellow capsicum and baby corn for variation.
- Use sour cream if curd is not available.
- Tofu can be used as a substitute of paneer in this recipe.