Paneer 65 Recipe (with Step by Step Photos)
More Snacks Recipes
|200 gms (1/2 lb) Paneer (Cottage Cheese)|
|2½ tablespoons Maida (all purpose flour)|
|3 tablespoons Cornflour (corn starch)|
|1 tablespoon Rice Flour|
|1½ teaspoons crushed Ginger|
|1½ teaspoons crushed Garlic|
|1/2 teaspoon Chaat Masala Powder|
|1/4 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder|
|1 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder|
|1 teaspoon Coriander Powder|
|1 drop of Red Food Color (optional)|
|5 tablespoons Water|
|For deep frying + 2 teaspoons Oil|
|1 medium Onion, finely sliced|
|8-10 Curry Leaves|
|1½ tablespoons Thick Curd|
|3/4 teaspoon + 1/8 teaspoon Salt (or to taste)|
- Cut paneer into 1-inch cubes. Mix maida, cornflour, rice flour, ginger, garlic, chaat masala powder, garam masala powder, 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder, coriander powder, red food color and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl.
- Add approx. 5-tablespoons water and make a medium thick paste. Add paneer cubes in prepared paste and mix well until coated with it.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame for deep frying. Deep-fry all pieces in small batches (4-5 pieces at a time) until golden brown and crispy. Drain and transfer on plate. Spread good quality paper napkin on plate before transferring them on plate to absorb excess oil.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in another pan over medium flame. Add sliced onion and curry leaves, sauté until onion turns translucent.
- Add thick curd, 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Mix well, stir and cook for a minute.
- Add fried paneer pieces and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off flame and transfer prepared paneer 65 dry in serving dish.
- If you are preparing it as snack for kids, then reduce the quantity of ginger, garlic and red chillies and make it less spicy, suitable for kids.
- We have added a pinch of tandoori color or red food color in step-2 to get nice orange color. However, we do not recommend using any additive food color as it does not affect or improve the taste of this spicy deep fried paneer starter.
- You can avoid thick curd and onion in above recipe if you want to.
- For yet another best variation, add sliced capsicum in step-4 and sauté for 2-minutes.