|2 tablespoons chopped Spring Onion (or normal onion)|
|2 teaspoons minced Garlic|
|1/3 cup chopped Carrots|
|1/3 cup chopped Green Cabbage|
|1/3 cup Sweet Corn Kernels|
|1/3 cup chopped French Beans|
|1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper|
|1/2 tablespoon tablespoon Vinegar|
|2 tablespoons Cornstarch (white corn flour)|
|1/2 tablespoon Butter or Oil|
|2½ cups Water or Vegetable Stock|
|Salt to taste|
- Chop all the veggies (carrot, cabbage, french beans, onion and garlic) into small pieces as shown in the picture.
- Add 2 tablespoons cornstarch (corn flour) in a small bowl.
- Add 3 tablespoons water and mix well.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil or butter in a large, heavy bottomed stockpot over medium flame. Add chopped onion and garlic.
- Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add carrots, cabbage, sweet corn kernels, french beans and salt (only for veggies).
- Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add 2½ cups water or vegetable stock. Stir well and bring the mixture to a boil. When it starts boiling, add salt (add as required as we have already added salt for veggies).
- Add black pepper powder.
- Add cornstarch-water mixture and stir continuously for a minute to prevent lump formation.
- Stir and cook until mixture turns thick and no raw smell of cornstarch. It will take around 7-8 minutes. Add vinegar and mix well.
- Taste the soup for the seasonings at this stage and add more if required. Turn off the flame. Transfer hot soup of vegetables into individual serving bowls and serve.
- This recipe is so flexible and customizable that you can add/remove any vegetable you like to get your desired taste. You can add zucchini, green bell pepper, green peas, cauliflower, tomato etc.
- Cornstarch is added to thicken the soup. If you like watery soup, add 1/2 tablespoon less cornstarch.