Fire up your appetite with steamy and healthy corn chowder soup. This recipe is not just easy to prepare but also a healthy one. This soup is primarily prepared in corn growing countries in the world but now popular in almost every part of the world. It tastes best with roasted breads.
|2 cups fresh or frozen Corn Seeds|
|2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped|
|1 Green Chilli, finely chopped|
|1/4 cup grated Carrot|
|1/4 cup grated Cabbage|
|2 tablespoons Corn flour|
|1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder|
|2 tablespoons Butter (or margarine)|
|2 cups Milk|
|3½ + 1/2 cups Water|
- Boil corn seeds in a pressure cooker with 3½ cups water.
- Cool them at room temperature. Drain and take out 1/2 cup boiled corn seeds and blend remaining corn seeds with leftover water in a mixer until smooth gravy. Strain it through strainer and discard the solids.
- Dissolve corn flour in 1/2 cup water in small bowl.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a pan on low flame. Add chopped garlic and sauté for 20-30 seconds.
- Add boiled corn seeds, grated carrot, chopped green chilli and grated cabbage. Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add dissolved corn flour and mix well.
- Pour milk in small amounts repeatedly while stirring continuously to avoid lumps. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add corn mixture (prepared in step 2) and salt, cook on medium flame until it starts to boil.
- Turn off flame and add black pepper powder for nice flavor.
- Steamy hot and creamy corn chowder soup is now ready to be served with bread.
Tips and Variations:
- If you want to use fresh corn, then boil maize and then remove corn seeds.
- For variation, add vegetables of your choice like celery, green peas, capsicum, etc in step-5.
- Add 1 teaspoon chilli sauce for a spicy taste.
Taste: Creamy and soothing taste of corn with aroma of butter and black pepper.
Serving Ideas: Serve it as an appetizer for lunch or dinner. If you want to eat something light in dinner then serve it with vegetable salad or bread.